CODE OF ETHICAL PRACTICE
This code provides Breathe staff with a set of guidelines designed to protect the rights, dignity and safety of all Breathers, staff and the public.
Definition of “Ethic/s”: “moral principle; code of behaviour; moral philosophy”.
I WILL ENSURE QUALITY OF SERVICE TO ALL BREATHERS.
- I will approach my work in a competent, caring and responsible manner at all times.
- I will maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and duty of care.
- I will endeavour to keep up to date with current research and its implication for my work with each client.
- I will adopt best-practice approaches to my work, in line with current research literature and industry best practices.
- I will engage in ongoing professional education at least on an annual basis, or as required by any professional bodies of which I am a member.
I WILL WORK WITHIN THE SCOPE OF MY EXPERTISE AND UNDERSTAND MY LIMITATIONS.
- I will work within my scope of practice as defined by the Australian Government, peak industry body or professional body of which I am a member.
- I will refer Breathers to other allied health or medical professionals where appropriate.
- I will take responsibility for maintaining my physical, mental and emotional wellbeing and, if I cannot function adequately, to refrain from working and seek professional help where necessary.
I WILL KEEP MY CLIENT RECORDS CONFIDENTIAL AND UP TO DATE AT ALL TIMES.
- I will maintain up-to-date records (client notes) of my 1:1 client sessions including date, presentation, history, treatment given and the client’s response to the treatment, homework and any other relevant information.
- If someone is injured at Breathe I will write down all details as soon as possible, including time, date, place, witnesses and why/how the incident occurred. I will keep these records for as long as legally required.
- I will respect Breathers’ right to confidentiality in verbal matters and with regard to confidential personal and medical information that may be disclosed to me as part of the client/instructor relationship and all client notes.
In the case of emergency;
If required by law;
Where consent has been given by the client or guardian.
I WILL ENSURE A SAFE AND HYGIENIC WORKING ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL.
- I will maintain personal and professional indemnity insurance for myself, and ensure all teaching staff do so, as appropriate.
- I will ensure all equipment is fully maintained and serviced for hygiene and safety.
- I will advise Breathers on safety measures within Breathe, and maintain an orderly working area.
I WILL RESPECT THE RIGHTS, DIGNITY AND WORTH OF EACH CLIENT.
- I will demonstrate appropriate cultural sensitivity.
- I will treat everyone* equally regardless of sex, ethnic origin or religion (*even if they suck at Yoga and Pilates).
- I will not exploit my relationship with a Breather in any way.
I WILL SHOW RESPECT TO MY COLLEAGUES AND MY PROFESSION.
- I will not denigrate my colleagues or other health professionals.
- I will take care not do anything which is likely to bring my profession into disrepute.
- I will take care that Breathe advertising is not misleading.
- I will adhere to the laws of Australia and its States and Territories as regards my legal obligations.
- I will inform the management of Breathe by way of formal complaint, if I know of anyone who has breached any of the above code.
WHAT IS CONFLICT OF INTEREST?
A conflict of interest exists where there is a divergence between the individual interests of a person and their responsibility to Breathe, such that an independent observer might reasonably question whether the actions or decisions of that person are influenced by their own interests
The St James Ethics Centre has a free and confidential counselling service available 5 days a week, 9am – 5pm. Free call from anywhere in Australia 1800 672 303